The Growing Schools Garden Birmingham
The key modules are:
- A stumpery and evolutionary garden, exploring geological history and the evolution of plants and animals.
- An aquatic garden representing the development of plants specialised in aquatic environments.
- A prairie garden contrasting with the water-rich environments.
- Woodland borders explore the relationships between flora and fauna and the folklore and myths associated with such places.
- A meadow explores the life to be found in a flowering sward and incorporates an ephemeral labyrinth.
- A willow nest on a sculpted earth mound allows a space for children and adults to crawl into to find sanctuary.
- A poetry garden displays a more architectural atmosphere, a zone for reading, performance and creative and language based activities and boulder walls demonstrate opportunities for adventurous outdoor activities